Eurovision Song Contest 2018: Equinox – Bones (Bulgaria)
Supergroup Equinox will fly the Bulgarian flag in Lisbon with the song “Bones”.
The band, comprised of five members: Zhana Bergendorff, Georgi Simeonov, Johnny Manuel, Vlado Mihailov and Trey Campbell, were formed specifically for the contest.
But who are they?
– Zhana is one of the most successful artist of the Bulgarian scene who won the second edition of X Factor Bulgaria (2013).
– Georgi debuted in the popular Bulgarian boy band 032 and he also participated in X Factor Romania.
– American born artist Johnny instead took part in America’s got talent.
– Vlado is a singer-songwriter, frontman of some famous bands like Safo and Sleng. He is also an actor.
– Trey is a L.A based songwriter. He has written music for artists like Dua Lipa, Bebe Rexha, Alexandra Stan and many others.
Songwriter Borislav Milanov explains the project: “As the world turns, twice a year we reach the Equinox: when light balances with dark, day balances with night and we move forward into the hope and expectation of a new season. As we join together at Eurovision 2018, we wanted to project this powerful image to the world”.
“Bones” is a dark electro-pop song produced by Symphonix International.
Bulgaria debuted in the Eurovision Song Contest in 2005. The country has yet to win the contest but has finished in top five on three occasions (2007, 2016 and 2017).